Amazon had some recommendations for me this morning.
It’s like they know me better than my own family. Or maybe they have access to my subconscious and are tracking my dreams to accurately match my next book purchase. Stranger things have happened (in my life).
I wish they sent more direct recommendations. Things like:
- You should stop shopping online so much.
- Or, here’s how to wake up an hour earlier b/c god knows all of your dreams would come true if you had an extra 57 minutes (nobody’s fully awake those first three minutes).
- Look [[insert place in my home]] to find that earring you lost. (It’s been missing two-weeks now; I know as soon as I let it go it will show up. Like young love that only wants you when you don’t want it. But I want it so badly, so so badly. How do you stop loving your favorite pair of earrings?)
- How about directions to that wormhole in the universe that’s been waiting on you to find it, the one where your career goes from job-you’re-grateful-to-have-with-people-you-like-being-around straight to the-fucking-work-you were-put-here-to-do.
- And most importantly, this is the hair color and cut that would look best on you and here is the phone number of the person who can do it.
What recommendations would you like Amazon to send to your inbox? Tell me, tell me.